a 501(c)3 Ocean Outreach Project
Honoring the men their memory and their mission
- Alberto Gonçalves Rosauro de Almeida
- Howard Livingston Clayton
- Frederick Patrick Graziani, Jr.
- Harry Henry Shellenberger
- Rudolph Albert Thompson, Jr.
The Crew of the R-12 consist of forty two entombed sailors who lost their lives when the R-12 sank on June 12, 1943. Five survived the sinking floating for five hours before being rescued and eighteen survived were ashore the day of the sinking.
- Franklin Augustus Van Leuven
- Edward Ellis Shelby, Commanding Officer
- William D. Whetstone, LTJG